THE PROPOSED VOCATIONAL / AGRICULTURAL SKILLS TRAINING FOR FIFTY (50) UNEMPLOYED PERSONS IN NKPORO OHAFIA LGA,
THE NATIONAL DIRECTORATE OF EMPLOYMENT (NDE)
INRODUCTION: National Directorate of Employment (NDE) is a Federal Government Agency with the mandate to impart skills to the unemployed. The target groups in all the schemes are mainly the unskilled with various levels of educational background including
- School leavers
- Graduates of tertiary institutions
- Retired or retiring persons and
- Persons with Special needs including the vulnerable, physically challenged etc.
- Women etc.
All the programmes are extracted through four core programmes viz
- Vocational Skills Development
- Entrepreneurial (Business) Training and Enterprise Creation
- Training in Public and Labour Based Works
- Rural Employment Programme
- Employment Counseling Services
It was in response to your request, requesting the Directorate to partner with your Foundation in areas of Vocational Skills acquisition and Agricultural training that officers from the NDE Abia State visited the community on the for skills needs assessment which was designed to assess the choice of skills of the unemployed persons.
A total of 125 unemployed persons participated in the Needs Assessment conducted by the officers from the NDE, Abia State. The breakdown is as shown below;
- Agricultural skills 48
- Catering / Confectionery 11
- Interior Decorations 1
- Hair Dressing 12
- Tailoring 16
- Screeding and Painting 11
- Electrical 8
- GSM Repairs 4
- Photography 3
- Aluminum Fabrication 3
- Bead Making 3
- Mechanic Engineering 2
- Vulcanizer 1
- Shoe making 1
The proposal is for the training of 50 unemployed persons from the different village in Nkporo in Vocational and Agricultural Skills.
TARGET: The target group for the proposed training is 50 unemployed persons drawn from different villages in Nkporo.
The proposed training duration is for three (3) months (12 weeks).
TRAINING VENUE / DATE
The proposed venue for the training is the Nkporo Skills Centre, It is proposed that training will commence as soon as the memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is signed and sealed by NDE Abia State and HOPEALIVE FOUNDATION
The NDE shall
- Undertake the provision of resource persons to the training
- Provide the tools / equipment and consumables for the training
- Monitor and supervise the training
- Provide counseling services
- Perform the documentation of participants
- Certification of participants
RESPONSIBILITIES OF HOPEALIVE FOUNDATION
- Provision of funds for the payment of resource persons, procurement of training consumables, needs assessment and administrative cost.
- Provision of conducive training venue
- Provision of security for the safety of training equipment and tools
- Provision of accommodation for the training Centre manager
- Mobilization of participants for the training.
|S/N||ITEM DESCRIPTION||RESOURCE PERSON HONORARUM||FOR 3MONTHS||TRAINING CONSUMABLES PER MONTH||FOR 3 MONTHS||TOTAL COST FOR HONORARUM AND CONSUMABLE|
|5.||NEEDS ASSESS,MENT||30,000 X 4||120,000||——-||——||#120,000|
|8.||MOVEMENT OF TRAINING TOOLS & EQUIPMENT TO AND FROM NKPORO||150,000||———-||———||——–||